Homework

School’s out! Time to go home and relax and play video–Wait–I have homework! Homework is the worst.

First of all, homework cuts into your free time. You come home only to spend 2 more hours of you life doing schoolwork. I’ve even had so much homework that I had to do some on a no-homework night! How is that fair? I thought we weren’t supposed to have homework on no-homework nights.

Furthermore, nobody likes homework. It’s not fun, students get a ton, and teachers don’t like to grade it. It seems like a real lose-lose situation. I have never met someone who likes homework. Ever.

Homework is terrible.

Note: I understand why we have homework. It’s there to let us practice the things we learn in school. That doesn’t mean I like it though.

8 thoughts on “Homework

1. I agree. But did you know that in Finland, kids don’t get homework until midway through HIGH SCHOOL! I mainly learn all of what I need to know in school, homework is a complete waste of time. And what about the repetitive questions that I’m pretty sure everyone hates.

2. I have had these same feelings…and yet, we teachers can feel we need to assign homework to cover all of the material we are supposed to teach.

What needs to happen is that we all need to re-think what “needs” to be taught. I do think kids have too much homework.

3. I also agree! I don’t think we should get homework on things that we already know how to do. Most of the time I want to do something fun when I get home but end up doing homework till diner!

4. I concur! Homework is the bane of my existance! This is a good point, Isaac, every time I look at homework I feel like ripping it to shreds.

5. I completely agree, and whilst working on my homework I’ve ironically stumbled upon this piece of work. I obviously have homework, and most classes I don’t exactly enjoy it, though in a few classes (English, Latin, and Science) I don’t mind a sheet or two. I hope to see more masterful publications arising from your blog page.
    -Jason